BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

You are only as lonely as you allow yourself to feel...

Today was much like any other day... for me that is. I am getting ready for the week ahead, which is going to be filled with a few painful moments for me (literally). But all in all... not a bad start to the week.


However, for the past few weeks I have began to struggle with loneliness. An empty feeling inside. Not a depression... there is a difference. This feeling that has been consuming my thoughts and feelings stems from the lack of affection I am able to give as well as receive. I mean in an adult relationship.

It is a tough topic to express to anyone. Very difficult to even allow myself to realize sometimes. It makes the loneliness feel heavier. I am not physically lonely... emotionally lonely! The difference is great and significant.

I have been so sad for so long and have longed to be able to feel a certain way for so long... that it has its moments when I am fearful that it will consume me wholly. Bring me down to a point that I will start to search in all the wrong places and put myself in situations that are so far from where I want to be.

Most days I am able to get through smoothly with a confidence that could tear down a brick wall, while the next day that confidence is gone and all my previous thoughts are silly childhood fantasies that I have convinced myself to be foolish and inconceivable.

Then there are moments like tonight (while trying to go to sleep) that just enter my mind and begin a hostile take over. All the things I long for. Most very simple. But not easily obtained.

The touch of a man... on my hand, my shoulder, my neck, my cheek, my back, the slight brushing of hair out of my face, a warm smile that I understand, a kiss, sitting next to someone who cares for me the same as I care for him.... the list is never ending but truly simple. I don't long for extravagant things. Unless, falling in love and being loved in return is so unreachable that I live in a sad world of delusion.

The passion that I am made of... the passion that courses my veins... the passion that drives me to find just what I need and want... That passion is a driving force I am terrified to lose.

So many years have passed that I have been in a state of not wanting to be looked at by another man as long as I lived. I could not bear the thought of being treated as negatively as I have in the past. The pain of a broken heart is so unbearable, but it was relived in each memory of what I have been through.

I believe I have come along way with the thought process of being happy again someday. I mean truly I feel that there is a possibility for me to have what I long for so badly. The trouble is getting there with out setting myself up for failure. I am so fearful of being lonely for a moment longer that it will take over everything that makes me who I am, that I will only make it happen by subconsciously creating obstacles for myself.

I am a loving person, some one who wants to share all of that and what I have. Someone to share a life with.

I see other couples in my life. Although, dysfunctional each in their own ways... I can see that the love they have for one another is so breathtaking. The undeniable little subtleties that make up their precious loves. It is truly inspiring. A glimmer of hope to hold onto.

I guess these days will come fewer and fewer, the closer I get the my end goal... Just hope there are not as many obstacles to overcome as I have imagined.


0 comments: