BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

??? dense breast tissue ??????

Well, as many of you know, I had my ultrasound today. It was alittle unnerving for sure. I went to a place that the doctors I used to work for used quite often when sending patients over for other testing.

When the woman did the ultrasound I was surprised to see how she was able to see anything. She moved at like mach speed and I know I am not a professional in this field by far, but still. She was able to locate both sites of the lumps. The one I just found out about today was considerably smaller than the one I knew about.

The exam lasted maybe about 15 min or so... She went to show the doc there the pics and told me she would be back in about 10 min. Well, that was the longest wait of my life. When she came back in she seemed rushed still. I understand when an office is busy but show some compassion people.

She proceeded to tell me that the "new" lump was just a small cluster of cysts and that there was no concern at all for it. Then she said that the doc thinks that it is just some dense breast tissue and it should be nothing to be concerned over. The words that stuck out to me were THINKS and SHOULD... Ummmm.... HELLO!!! That does nothing for me. I also know that they can't give me anything other than that... since they are not licensed to read these things that they are just going off of training and seeing these ultrasounds everyday.

I am questioning now... If it is dense tissue... is it always in an isolated area... or is it supposed to be the whole breast that is dense? Will there be any additional testing to make sure?

In plenty of what I read my changes of getting breast cancer now have increase 5 to 6 times... Also... doctors usually brush it off because of the young age. I am just going to have to wait until I hear from my doc... I really hope she doesn't give me the brush off... and I am confident that she won't because I have been with her for over 12 years... She knows me and knows how I can get.

Well, that is all I have for you know. I want to thank all of my wonderful friends and family for all of their support. It makes it so much easier for me to know that I have so many wonderful people there standing beside me. Until later... much love to you all!

0 comments: