BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Piece of Mind

Today was my second opinion appointment. I went there list of questions in hand and prepared for what ever may have come my way. I went in a little early and made sure I had everything that I was going to need. Thankfully, I didn't have too wait for long.

Well, I went into the room and the doctor shortly followed. I explained to him my situation and then my concerns. He looked over the report and went into his explanation of things. He told me that most women my age have dense breast tissue and that is very normal. He also told me that having the ultrasound was the best test to have had done. The ultrasound will pick up masses even through the tissue. He did his exam and told me that he was able to feel "my lump" and that it is movable and squishy-both good signs. He also stated that if I were his daughter or his wife that he wouldn't be concerned at all. That once I turn 35 and began my regular annual mammograms that if the tissue is still dense then... that would be the time to worry.

He actually made me feel at ease. That I was able to get some answers to my questions. I am going to be less crazed now, yet more cautious. My aunt was just diagnosed with cancer and I have found that I do have a family history of breast cancer. I also have several increasing factors. I am going to be begin changing my eating habits, alter my caffeine intake, exercise, and quit smoking. I understand that there are no definites for what may or may not cause cancer, my one cousin took the best care of herself and never drank or smoked; ate only organic and exercised regularly-yet she is finishing her chemo at this time.

Whether or not I am able to prevent something that may or may not happen, it will also do me good to be in better shape and have better health on my side. Maybe now I will be able to have a peaceful sleep.

Until another time... much love to you all!

3 comments:

Melinda said...

I am so glad that you got some answers, and that its good news. I know all to well about changing things I have not had pop in 3 weeks, I go to the gym 6x a week,lol and I quit smoking, I still went my smokes though but I have not gave in. so good luck to you

Sheila said...

My sister had to have the 2 different kinds of mammograms as her tissue was so dense. They did find a lump, but thankfully, it turned out to be fibroids.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers - hopefully you will be OK. And getting to a healthier you is always a good thing!

Manda said...

Thanks for commenting ladies! I love comments! But I guess who doesn't!

Melinda-you are an inspiration to me! Thank you! Knowing you another mother of 3 can do it, so can I!!!!

Sheila- Thank you for the comment and the kind words. I am so happy that everything is going to be ok.