BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, March 22, 2009

My weekend update...

It is yet again another Sunday night... The weekend is already over and I am sad. I love the weekends. They are so fun filled, I get to spend so much time with the kids and family and friends, and I get to sleep in.

This weekend was it's usual filled to the rim weekend. Friday was a good lazy like Friday. My sis in law came over with her kids and we all went out to dinner. That was nice. The kids were very well behaved and it was all soo yummy! There is something about going out to dinner and having some one else cook your food and serve it to you that makes eating dinner so much better. I know it sounds kind of odd, but really, to not have to get up and get the kids drinks, and refills, and more food; or a napkin to clean a mess. To be able to eat your meal with the rest of your family all at once and while it is still hot. WOW!!! That is genius!!!

Saturday was Nuby's birthday party. He is my friend Jennie's middle child and he turn 3. Him and Kaleb are 4 months apart and will be the two (of the millions of kids we all have) that stick together like glue through school. You know when they are together and quiet you MUST check on them... they could be up to anything!!!!!!!! Saturday night we adults played games and that was a blast.

Today was alittle different of a Sunday. This is usually the day of complete laziness or grocery shopping... but we went Geocaching today. Now if you are not sure what that is... don't worry because I am still trying to pick up on it. Check out the official website and see if it is your cup of tea... Geocaching.

Well, my husband started his new job in Feb and met some really nice people. There was one gentleman in particular that introduced him to geocaching. I guess that the simple explanation is that it is a neat way of a scavenger hunt. People all over the place "plant" a container of sorts in random places. Go to the website and list the coordinates for others to find. In some of these containers there can be prizes... or as my children put it Treasure. We went Treasure Hunting today and they loved it. They were so excited about it... ok... tangent... one sec and I will get back to that. Well, in other containers there are just logs. You sign these logs with you screen name from the Caching website and then log the places you went on the site as well. Once you get so many there are "special" hidden places you get privileges to search. Mainly we came across places that held little treasures for the kids. Some little toys or marbles... The kids loved it!!! They can't wait to go again. I have placed a few pics up for you to see...











Well, now it is Sunday night and I am really trying to keep to my no massive junk eating diet change. I have been doing pretty good. The soda intake has decreased and the water intake has increased. I am eating healthier and less often. It is working pretty well, except... I have been wanting candy so bad. I have had some, but not been over indulgent-we'll see how long that lasts. I am currently munching on some carrots trying to sway the urges for sweets- ahahaha!

I am loving this Ultimate Blog Party hosted by 5 Minutes for Mom. I have been able to find so many wonderful people out there in the wonderful world of Blog! I got my first award! I can't wait to continue sharing with all of you and getting to know you all so much more. Thanks so much to SITS or I would have still been in the stone ages of blogging... and thanks to Jennie over at Happy Mayhem for introducing me to SITS.

Well, everyone, until another time.... much love to you all!!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! Poppin’ in from The Ultimate Blog Party…all the way from Queensland, Australia! G’Day! I hope you have time to visit my party soon.

Ta!

I want to invite you to the Mommie Daze Virtual Baby Shower that I am hosting May 15 to June 8. This is an international even and there are prizes! Stop by my blog for all the details.